The last six weeks have absolutely flown by. Alpha phase testing of MEGAWEAPON is well underway, and our community of dedicated play testers has been incredible. We’ve made so many positive changes and advancements since this phase began that we barely recognize where we started. A short, non-exhaustive list of significant additions and changes:
- Team Deathmatch! Team play has revolutionized the testing/play experience. We’re so excited about this new dimension of gameplay.
- Custom player avatars from Degenerator S01 NFTs have been included for testers that have one.
- The Range has been added, granting players an offline environment to hone their skills between testing sessions.
- A basic version of a Map Scaling system has been implemented, so that the map can respond to changing player counts.
- The test servers have been re-homed to dedicated VMs in North America and Western Europe, with additional regions planned.
- User interface improvements and additional settings have been implemented, allowing players to customize their experience and take in information more efficiently in the heat of combat.
- Too many balancing changes to list here, both for Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch.
In the coming weeks, we’re looking forward to implementing our next team play game mode, as well as layering in further UI improvements and many under-the-hood optimizations. If you’re interested in becoming a MEGAWEAPON alpha tester, head over to https://testing.megaweapon.io and sign up!